Thursday, March 21, 2013

Brown Butter Nutella stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. (AHHHHH-MAZING!)


You may be wondering what this totally delicious sounding cookie is, what it smells like, and seriously how delicious it truly is?! Let me tell you, once you eat this cookie, you'll NEVER turn back to another cookie recipe. They're just plain divine! I was a little down today and these cookies fixed my mood right up. These cookies are a way to a woman's broken, sad, unhappy, mad, every emotion, heart! I got the recipe from here.  Here is a picture just to start making your mouth water. :)


This is about our 5th time making these, they taste just as good every time! My husband still agrees! 

We had our Relief Society Birthday Party last night and we were suppose to bring our favorite thing, and then someone would be taking our favorite thing home with them. I bet you can't guess what I brought? ;) Some lucky lady got to bring my cookies home. And I'm sure she gobbled them up.


I started out by putting my nutella in the fridge to get stiff. I have tried it both ways and putting it in the fridge is alot easier and cleaner! This is what your finished dough should look like.

I love how you can see the butter on this. Yumm.

Once your dough chills in the fridge for 2 hours take it out! If you keep it in for more then 2 hours it harden too much and then you have to wait for it to thaw a bit. Trust me the first time you make them you'll only be able to last an hour and a half before popping them out and stuffing them with that delicious nutella goodness! Here are step to step pics of how to put nutella in the cookies!

1.


 2.

3.
Don't mind the gross stained pan! It's clean, just stained!
 4.

5.


Here is the recipe! 
Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter (this time around I used salted butter because it was all I had. When I use salted butter I don't add any salt into the recipe)
  • 1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon sour cream (or yogurt) But sour cream is all I had in the house. It still tastes good! I promise. It moistens the cookies!
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1 jar of Nutella, chilled in refrigerator (you won't use the full jar don't worry!)
Instructions
  1. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The butter will begin to foam. Make sure you whisk consistently during this process. After a couple of minutes, the butter will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan; continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown and give off a nutty aroma. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
  2. With an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg, yolk, vanilla, and sour cream until combined. Add the dry ingredients slowly and beat on low-speed just until combined. Gently fold in all of the chocolate chips.
  3. Chill your dough for 2 hours in the refrigerator, or place in freezer for 30 minutes if you are super eager, although I cannot promise the same results if you do this.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Once dough is chilled measure about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. (Pictures above) Flatten the dough ball very thinly into the palm of your hand. Place 1 teaspoon, (I probably did more, I stuffed them like crazy!) of chilled nutella in the middle and fold dough around it; gently roll into a ball — it doesn’t have to be perfectly rolled! Make sure that the nutella is not seeping out of the dough. Add more dough if necessary. Place dough balls on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and flatten with your hand VERY gently. (Really only the tops need to be flattened a bit!)
  5. Bake the cookies for about 7-8 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. They will look a bit underdone in the middle, but will continue to cook once out of the oven. Cool the cookies on the sheets at least 2 minutes. Remove the cooled cookies from the baking sheets after a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.


I need to work on my food photography, but the still look delish!


 They are so good dipped in milk!


These cookies are so so yummy! You need to go make them right not and see for yourself! Enjoy, you won't regret it! 



2 comments:

kristikat said...

That looks amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Just to tell you I have tried these YUMMY YUMMY cookies they are to die for. I am not kidding. Make them and your Kids, husband, your whole family will enjoy them. My kids love them.

Post a Comment