Friday, March 29, 2013

OVEN HARD BOILED EGGS!

Okay, so you may be thinking how do you hard boil eggs in the oven, well you don't. I just don't know how to say it. You put eggs in the oven and they turn out like a hard boiled egg, but ten times easier and you won't have to wonder if your eggs are too overdone or underdone. The yolk is perfect yellow and no green ring. They seriously come out perfect!  It is so easy and great just before Easter!

I've seen this going around on Facebook and Pinterest and HAD to give it a shot. I am very pleased I did it. They turned out great, and it is a lot easier then boiling them!

Step one:
-Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
-Get your eggs and on put them on a cookie sheet, cake pan, or muffin tin. 
-Put them in the oven for 30 minutes. (It is a perfect time for them!)
Step 2: 
-Take your eggs out. If they happen to have brown speckled spots like mine, don't worry, they come off! I am not sure why they had brown spots. Maybe from a dirty oven? If so, I need to clean mine! 


Step 3:
-Soak your eggs in ice water for about ten minutes



You're done! Easy as that! We dyed the eggs, but the next day I used 3 eggs to make avocado egg salad sandwich's, which are delicious! Yummm. That post will be for another day! 

Happy Easter!! I hope this makes your Easter egg dying a lot easier! 

4 comments:

Lisa J said...

I am going to try this right now! Plus a few extra because i want that avocado recipe!

Unknown said...

when you put them in the ice water, did they crack? Thanks!

Brooke Showalter said...

I think if the eggs come to room temperature first, they don't have those brown spots. The spots are from condensation. :)

Kenzie said...

I am not sure how to reply to everyone, I'm so sorry!

Lisa J- My avocado recipe is my next post, stay tuned!

Lauren Kong- No, they eggs do not crack in the ice water. You can put them in right out of the oven!

Brooke- That makes sense! Thank you!

Post a Comment